I've used Handitak to adhere the chips to the board, so I can move them around as I make corrections. I've also taken off the smaller chips I made of the 2.5 and 7.5 cousins...just too much info. right now.
The rectangles inside the wheel are straight paint from the tubes that I've use often or have used in the past. One end is straight paint - mixed with white at the other. Black/burnt umber/raw umber and 'grey of gray' from Holbein are at the bottom right corner...don't know what to do with those yet.
The solid rectangles are all different types and brands of Naples Yellow - used a lot in the past to 'kill' chroma. Not sure what to do with those either.
My next step will be to compare my paint chips with the Munsell chips and try to guess their appropriate place. Values of the paint is throwing me off. Some are so dark, like Mars Violet or Phthalo green, or Trans. Oxide Red...that's why I added the white, so I could see where they actually fit...but that may have been a mistake.
Still trying to figure out how to record the mixes for the main chips.
(used some old press type for the lettering and numbers - but ran out!!)
PS: I really want to concentrate on Graydon's method of using Munsell and the practice of classical realism. I know Marvin is a wonderful painter and I look forward to his posts. Perhaps he has practical shortcuts that will be advantageous to consider later on. However, I need to know and practice what Graydon knows - that's why I joined this blog.